2023 Downtown Sheridan's Main Street Resurfacing and Utility Upgrade Project

History and Background
The City of Sheridan was founded in 1882.  For over 88 years, Main Street's surface consisted of gravel.  Trolley cars came into existence in the early 1900's, sidewalks were primarily wood and little to no curb and gutter existed until 1966.  The bridge over Little Goose Creek between Dow St. and 1st St. was built in 1953 with structure repairs being done in 1987.  It wasn't until 1970 that Main Street was finally paved. At this time the City of Sheridan placed sewer, sanitation, and water lines prior to paving with concrete. Over the past 50 years, general maintenance and upgrades to sidewalks, curb and gutter, and lighting have been completed, most to meet ADA requirements. 

Below are a few photos from days past. We found photos from the early 1900's, 1914, and the 60's and 70's, portraying some of Main Street's history. 


Click here for the 2023 Project Closure Sequence

Click here for the Project Scope of Work

Click here for Options for Utility Services