Water FAQ's

Contact Us
  • Monday - Friday / 7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
  • 6 Soldier Creek Rd.Sheridan, WY 82801
  • P: (307) 674-8532F: (307) 672-5241
  • Tom Manolis, Water Supply &Treatment Superintendent[email protected]

Why Does Our Water Sometimes Smell Like Chlorine?

We have to maintain a trace of chlorine throughout our system, so some places have higher amounts than others.

Why Do Operators Come To My Door And Request To Take A Sample From My Tap?

Drinking Water Regulations require operators to monitor the quality of the water at random locations throughout the system. Your cooperation with operators help us meet the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act. Your cooperation is appreciated. To increase your comfort level with allowing operators to enter your home or place of business, feel free to ask for City identification.

Why Is Water Conservation Important?

Water conservation is important during drought years for obvious reasons - to maximize the availability of our precious water resources. It is also important for Sheridan area users in non-drought years for a different reason. As part of the Twin Lakes expansion project, the Army Corps of Engineers is requiring the Sheridan Area to reduce daily water use by 12% per account by the year 2020. Each year the City reviews the water conservation activities and reports the water use to the Corps. Additionally, we project our ability to meet the conservation requirement.

Can I Get Additional Information On Our Water?
Yes. We have a consumer confidence reports we mail out each summer, or by request. These reports are also available on this website.
Where Can I Get A List Of Primary And Secondary Water Standards?

List of Drinking Water Contaminants & MCL's available from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Can You Turn Our Water Back On?
Contact Customer Service at (307) 674-6483.
Where Does Water Go From The Treatment Plants?
The water flows to pipes serving Big Goose Valley, the City and Little Goose Valley
Can We Schedule A Tour For Our Science Class?
Contact Sheridan Water Treatment Plant at (307) 674-8532.
Can I Use Big Goose Water Treatment Plant for Hunting Access To State Land?
No. For security reasons, access is not allowed.